My birthday in a few weeks will put me irretrievably into my “late 50’s” if I’m not there already. To celebrate, I’ve decided to list some of the good things about this advanced age.
1. Amusing and/or aggravating younger people by pretending to be confused about “modern terminology” as for example referring to “those internet things you do, My Face and Space Book” when I know perfectly well what they’re called.
2. Unabashed kitten-doting-on. What’s the point of being an old lady if you can’t talk baby talk to your cats?
3. The ability to get the cashier in the grocery store to open a new register when the lines are too long, simply by giving her the look. Hey, they know that when there are 8 people waiting, they’re supposed to roust the folks out of the break room, my puzzled eyebrow and furrowed brow are just a little reminder!
4. Actually having the occasional helpful insight or words of wisdom, assuming anyone wants to hear them.
5. Really, the whole birth-control device thing isn’t the fun part about being a girl, is it?
More to follow!